Apply for an Internship
Gravitas Ventures is one of the largest distributors of independent film around the world. Recent releases include ADDICTED TO FRESNO, ALL THINGS MUST PASS, BACKSTREET BOYS: SHOW ‘EM WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF, BAND OF ROBBERS, BEING EVEL, FASTBALL, and many more.
We are looking for interns who are passionate about media and entertainment. Gravitas is a company filled with leaders that have always anticipated and embraced change. We are looking for interns who can do the same. Interns will be involved at every level, from distribution to marketing to acquisitions, and we encourage active involvement.
Our internships are paid positions designed for currently enrolled students (both Undergraduates and Graduate levels). We seek new candidates every semester and summer.
Gravitas Ventures has offices in both Los Angeles, California and Cleveland, Ohio. Applicants should specify which location they are applying for in the subject line.
See below for specific descriptions for each internship offered:
ACQUISITIONS duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking new projects across crowd funding platforms, IMDb Pro and film festivals
• Log and review feature length film submissions for distribution consideration
• Assist with Acquisitions team in coordinating details for festival travel
MARKETING/PR duties include (but are not limited to):
• Creating marketing sell sheets
• Spearhead competitive and project based research on industry, films, and talent
• Updating social channels, writing copy for social posts, and build influencer/blogger databases
• Assisting the team at premieres, screening, and promotional events
OPERATIONS duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking film information and merchandising on a number of key transactional VOD platforms
• Assisting in organizing and maintaining movie hard drive database
• Generating customized artwork for internet and cable carriers
• Limited general office duties such as mailing packages, creating copies, assisting visitors, etc.
• Creating film clips for cable operators and editing trailers for internet platforms
SALES duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking sales information and merchandising on a number of key
transactional VOD platforms
• Research new TVOD, SVOD, and AVOD platforms to determine viability
• Create sales presentations to solicit new customers
Skills & Duties Needed for ALL positions:
• Must be organized, able to work independently
• Must be proficient with standard MS Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Preferred advanced knowledge of video editing skills with software such as Final Cut Pro
• Preferred photo editing skills with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Additional attributes preferred: marketing, PR, and/or social media experience, Web Design
• Limited general office duties (i.e. mailing packages, creating copies, assisting visitors, restocking supplies, etc.)